Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bval_gw

Help! Bees trapped inside tree hollow.

bval
14 years ago

There were two established colonies of honeybees on my new property. One inside the wall, and one in the hollow of the oak tree in our driveway/front yard. I had the ones in the wall relocated to a community garden. I called a beekeeper about the ones in the tree because I was constantly crossing paths with them and they had even flown inside our cars and home several times. I was told that most likely the bees would move on eventually if they did not die or go dormant in the winter. We had a really sudden burst of cold weather and I thought the bees were gone so I took some advice of the web and filled the hole with expanding foam. Almost two weeks later, I went to remove the excess foam and cover the hole with something decorative. Much to my suprise I heard the bees buzzing inside!! I put my hand on the foam and I could feel the vibration. Now, I can hear the foam crackling and I'm most certain that the bees are in the process of gnawing their way out. What I am afraid of, is that they will escape in an extremely aggitated state. They are VERY close to my frount door. I have two infants. I am afraid of what will happen if they get out. Can anyone give me advice or ease my worried mind? I tried to educate myself and do the best I could, but now I am in trouble. Thanks in advance. -B-

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions