Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krischic

Yellow jacket advice

krischic
15 years ago

Hi all,

I did a search but couldn't find a previous post that answered my question: Do yellow jackets like to nest near raised garden beds? Unfortunately, I discovered a nest while fixing up a new area of the yard where we installed 4 raised beds. I did not plant in these beds this year b/c I was still filling them with compost, soil etc. and was working on rock pathways. My husband has some stuff called "great stuff" which you spray into cracks and holes and it expands to fill in the space. I was thinking of spraying this under the bottom edges of my raised beds and then finishing the rock ASAP so that it butts up against the 'great stuff' edge of the bed. Hopefully this will eliminate places they would like to burrow. I've also been placing thick black plastic underneath the rock, so I'm thinking that would keep them from burrowing as well.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated as I do not want to give up my new beds and I've been petrified of going in the garden since I was attacked in August! Fall clean up and planting time are here and I'm still worried.... Help :) !

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!