Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauriek123

flowers bees like

LaurieK123
12 years ago

I started planting radishes in my garden strictly to let them bolt and bring in the bees. The radishes have always brought in the bees and they stay all day in them. Last year I heard that borage was good and I planted that as well.

Oregon had some whacky weather last year and we had a false spring. Almost everything in my garden bolted. What was nice is that I noticed that I had at least 7 different kinds of bees in my garden, not including bee-flys or fly-bees (whichever way their name goes). My favorite bee I named the teddy bear bee, because it looks like a normal honey bee, but extremely fuzzy all over. But, what was really cool was learning that they all loved my onion flowers most of all.

I wonder if it made someone some bad tasting honey. There would be so many bees on my onion flowers that the flowers would bow under there weight and bounce if too many left at the same time.

I am hoping to learn of more flowers that bees like, because I always expected them to choose things like the apple blossoms and cherry blossoms etc... never onion flowers.

Comments (3)