Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amandaalna

Plus Side of Beekeeping? HELP!

AmandaAlna
19 years ago

My husband and I are very into sustainable agriculture, and are always looking for ways to be more independent from Shop 'n' Save. Hippies, I know. I have always loved insects, for some reason. Anything small that either crawls or flies fascinates me. So, I've always wanted to have my own hives. We have plenty of land and plenty of flowers and I personally can't find a reason not to. Oh, except that my wuss of a husband is terrified of bees. It's not an allergy or a rational fear of any kind, but the sound of a passing bee makes him twitch violently.

I've tried arguing with him, giving him as many reasons as I can for why beekeeping is a brilliant idea, but I guess I don't know enough about it to come up with the really juicy ammo. Besides, I don't have an answer to, "they can smell fear." I mean, can they really?

So, could you guys come up with as many good things about beekeeping as you can and help me convince him?

Oh, and is it true that domesticated bees are more blood-thirsty than wild bees or was that just the irrational fear talking?

Thanks a bunch,

Amanda

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting