Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Begonia luxurians

Posted by mark4321 9b CA Sunset 17 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 17:23

I have Begonia luxurians for trade or for postage. I've also posted 4 different rooted cuttings on the main Gardenweb Exchange forum.

I've somewhat arbitrarily designated 2 of the plants below for postage (#1 and #2) and the other two for trades. If I don't find trades that interest me I'll send the others for postage as well. #3 has a basal shoot coming from a buried node; #4 is a tip cutting that was rooted before my big plant collapsed.

Begonia luxurians for trade

Most of the cuttings I have were rooted following the collapse of my big plant, which I believe happened after an animal jumped on it:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/begonia/msg0923010330916.html?7

As far as trades, at the moment I'm looking for Aristolochia grandiflora (see link at bottom). There are a handful of other things I am looking for, such as blooming size plants/divisions of Masdevallia caesia, Cymbidium tracyanum (but not other Cymbidiums) and cool growing Stanhopeas. I'm also interested in Platyceriums (besides bifurcatum) and unusual epiphytes. For trade, B. luxurians could be combined with other thing(s) mentioned in the link at the bottom, or perhaps other things I can propagate. In general I'm out of space, and so am limited in the sorts of things I can take. Besides space, one thing I lack is full sun. I might be interested in more Begonias; maybe not.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aristolochia grandiflora post, with other plants listed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Begonia luxurians

I would love to grow a begonia. They are so beautiful. How much would postage cost? I don't have mic to trade, I'm somewhat just starting out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here