Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: My one and only Begonia *pic*

Posted by Datdog z7 NJ (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 4, 05 at 18:44

Escargot! I love begonia's but I refuse to collect yet another plant so I grow just one. Okay three really, but none compare to my Escargot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: My one and only Begonia *pic*

couldn't sleep due to pain and health problems, so was just surfing as they say and came across you BEAUTIFUL begonia....and I feel better already :) I have only a few begonias and I usually look at them at lowes and places like that , but have never seen one like yours....seems you have a precious jewel...thanks for sharing the picture..granny will have to be on the look out for one... bye bye grannybj

o

• Posted by MingTea z8 OR Corvallis (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 13, 05 at 16:07

yowza! now that's one of the most nicely grown 'Escargot's i've seen!

-ming

o

Wow!!! I've never seen one of those!! I love it! I want one!!!

o

Wow! The photo looks like navy blue and white? Is that right? Where did you find that beauty?

o

thats fantastic, a living fractal!

o

You absolutely win the award for the most nicely grown Escargot. I think this begonia is one of the temperamental ones. Thanks for sharing the beautiful picture!

Susan

o

That is absolutely Beautiful! Please may I have a nice rooted cutting? LOL Well really I did check your list and I might have something that you want, I have Ky Wonder Fig trees that I would love to made a trade with you. The Ky Wonder is the hardiest Fig Tree of them all! I also have Jack in the Pulpit
bulbs... Check my list and see if I can tempt you with anything..... Thanks

o

WOW!!!!!! I might get one for Christmas, according to my 9 yo grandson!

o

I've past that one up a few times. Never again. They always have one at the Philadelphia Flower Show at the houseplant vendors. They better have one this year.

o

I got mine! Actually, my family misunderstood and bought me for Christmas "bougainvillea Touch Glow". I don't know how that sounds like "begonia Escargot" [non-plant people :-)]. Yesterday, I returned the bougainvillea and bought Escargot and I am a happy camper. Now, how does one propagate to make more?

o

That's why I try to buy my own Christmas presents!
Merry Christmas!

o

They have Escargot at the Phil. Flower Show this year but a larger size. It was too much to carry around so I passed.

o

Hi,THAT is on my most wanted list.
It is gorgous. I've not been able to find a place that has these.
Did you get it from a local place?
TIA,
Linda

o

Well, I finally picked one up a year later. The NY Botanical Garden had a few small plants in their shop yesterday. Hopefully, I can get it to look something like Datdog's this summer.

o

If this is your one and only Begonia, my only suggestion would be: GET MORE!!!! You are doing something right! Even in show-plants, you hardly ever find one that is this well grown! Congratulations!!!

o

Wow, do you still have this beauty? I see this is a very old thread.

o

This was posted on my Facebook this morning. It is absolutely beautiful. I googled it and I am now on the waiting list for it at White Flower Farm...hope I am able to buy one this spring. I love your garden.....saw it on your profile.....any advice for growing this beautiful begonia?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here