Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Group Shot

Posted by MingTea z8 OR Corvallis (My Page) on
Fri, May 20, 05 at 2:46

well, i'm all moved but not quite unpacked! my begonias seem to like my new place since there's lots of light. i brought a few of them out to get some rain yesterday and thought it would be a nice photo op...so enjoy!

-ming

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Group Shot

Beautiful, Ming! Is that Stained Glass (Red) in the front?

BTW, my Emerald Lacewing was still losing leaves, and when I looked closer, I saw a tan bug with a round butt. I say to myself, "You darn Mite!" - took the little plant outside and drenched well with insecticidal soap. Isolated in a west window by itself and so far so good. New little leaves are coming on. The old ones look waxy from the soap but it doesn't seem to have bothered it any. Should I repeat this treatment in a few more days?

-Mo (WV)

o

• Posted by MingTea z8 OR Corvallis (My Page) on
    Fri, May 20, 05 at 15:04

hi mo,

glad to hear you've got it under control. i have to admit to only having problems with mealies, so i don't know what to tell you! if it were me, i'd probably drench again when it dries out a little.

the one in the front is just a little unnamed plant i picked up from a local nursery. 'Stained Glass' is actually in the top right corner of that same tray. my last place didn't have optimal light, so the rich red color is no more. :( i think the red in 'Stained Glass' is one of the best of the rexes--it's much deeper and sparklier (heh. i bet that's not a word) than the one in the foreground.

-ming

o

The red one in front may be 'Little Red' or 'Omaha Beefsteak'?

o

I love the red one!

o

Sat, May 21, 05 at 2:45

i think the red one is probably 'Regal Minuet,' but i hesitate to say for sure since rexes hard for me to pin down. :)

in the left tray, clockwise from top:

'Selover,' NoID, 'Mirage,' 'Red Planet'

in the right tray:

NoID rex, 'Stained Glass,' C. woodii, 'Serlis,' something that might be B. strigillosa or maybe 'Many Colours' or 'Norah Bedson'(just guesses), the red rex, and B. conchifolia var. rubrimacula.

-ming

o

The dark NoID in the left tray looks like 'Midnight Twist'.

o

Sat, May 21, 05 at 11:55

aha! i knew i'd seen it before and i couldn't for the life of me remember the name. thanks for that, and i better stick some tape on it so i don't forget.

-ming

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here