Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
begonia seeds

Posted by threas z6 PA (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 08 at 7:20

I have several varieties of flowering begonia seeds. Does anyone have any experience germinating seeds and growing on to plants?
Thanks, Theresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: begonia seeds

Hi Theresa,

There are several sites that have advice on growing from seed. I have had several seedlings pop up in some of my pots recently (I have been scattering the seed on the surface of some of the pots with begonias in them). Then there are the weedy type begonias such as cucullata and fischeri(semperflorens types) which come up without any help from me disbursing the seed.

Here are a couple sites I have on growing from seed.

Brad's world

SWregion site It says on the home page that this is being shut down so act soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here