Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Begonias in the latest issue of Fine Gardening

Posted by tom8olvr Z5 MA (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 08 at 10:07

Has anyone seen the Begonia article in the latest issue of Fine Gardening???
Beautiful stuff!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Begonias in the latest issue of Fine Gardening

Yes, I saw it and it was very nice (there was a somewhat heated discussion about it on the Y*h** begonia group). You should go to an ABS convention if you want your socks knocked off if you think the FG issue was beautiful.

o

Oh... I'm really a novice... and I thought they were really attractive... what was the heated discussion?

o

Yes, they are attractive in the magazine article.

The discussion was about growing them in a mixed container with different cultural needs (which I have no problem with since I have several pots with volunteer ferns, some with succulents, and some with more than one type of begonia). The other part of the discussion was that some were not rexes (who really gives a rap if they are or aren't) and that when the rexes went dormant or rotted that many buyers would be turned off begonias forever (so be it).

email me for more details

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here