Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Star Wars begonia?

Posted by roseboywonder GA (royalamidala@aol.com) on
Sun, Feb 27, 05 at 14:01

I've been wanting to ask this for weeks, but I didn't want to get laughed at. I am a Star Wars fan, and in Episode II at the Lake Palace, there are red flowers in pots. At first I thought they were big red geraniums, but after watching it and re-watching it, I think they're red begonias. What kind of begonias are these? Do any of ya'll have a begonia like this? Could you sell me a tuber off of it? How do you grow these? Shade, or sun? I would love one in a big pot on the front porch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Star Wars begonia?

switzerland begonias ?

or

red roseform tuberous begonias

There are obviously many colors and shapes:

o

People on here are too nice to laugh at you, and anyway I bet lots of us see plants on shows we'd like to know the names of--even gardening shows! There should be a requirement on all shows--well, gardening shows at least, but I wonder about the plants on many shows--that they have to label 'em, or at least have names available on web sites. Maybe if we all email HGTV--???

o

I don't know which ones you mean but I do the same thing. I see something plant related and lose my focus on the movie/show that I'm watching. Thanks for posting this. I know I'm not a lost cause (or atleast I'm not the only one.) Beautiful pics Kenneth.
Nancy

o

Like Nancy, I'm also glad I'm not the only one. But it bugs me when the show is supposed to be set in, say, Washington DC but it's obviously been filmed in LA, at which point I start shouting at the TV that agave doesn't grow in DC.... Such a geek.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here