Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big Begonia ID

Posted by hopgood 5bCAN (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 08 at 19:28

Can anyone out there id this big begonia? I have looked all over the internet and in plant books and cannot find it a name.

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Begonia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big Begonia ID

Can you post a close up of the plant in question?

o

Here is a larger pic of the begonia in question, hope this helps....Its the really BIG one!

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Begonia Close-up

o

I assumed that was the one you were talking about. Now can you get a picture of the top of the leaf or several leaves? It's hard to ID by looking at the under side of the leaves. The only thing we have to go by now is size and leaf shape.

o

Here are some more pics that could help. The plant in the original pics are of one my mother used to have when I was young so I cannot show a close up, it has been dead and gone for many years. I have never been able to find one until recently and I'm hoping that the new plant is the same species as my mothers. The pics I am posting now are of the plant I bought this summer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Close-up of new plant

o

The new begonia looks like some form of ricinifolia (there are so many hybrids of this). The first begonia you posted based on the leaf shape looks similar to 'Sunbar' or 'Suncana' but without more pictures or the actual plant it is hard to tell.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here