Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone growing Dragonwing Begonia?

Posted by tropic_lover 6UT (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 12:07

Hi,
I started some dragonwing seeds in mid January. They are growing but still very small with the biggest leaves being about 1/2" at this time. They are under grow lights and have been given a weak fertilizer solution. Are they always this slow or will the growth start to pick up soon?

This is my first time growing begonias from seed and would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks!
Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone growing Dragonwing Begonia?

Hi Linda -

Here is information for Dragon Wing Begonias, from germination to flowering. Hope this helps!

http://www.ballhort.com/media/Culture/PAS/BegoniaDragonWing.pdf

o
RE: Anyone growing Dragonwing Begonia?

I am growing dragonwings, but I did not start them from seed. I purchased it as an established plant. Also, it is warmer in Zone 9a than 6 so mine wake up sooner. I was able to leave it outside all winter under the protection of larger trees and it bloomed all winter. It did get a little freezer burn but is already shaking that off. I hope that your seedlings get strong soon and that you have beautiful, healthy begonias! Dragonwings are always nice. :)

Carol in Jacksonville

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here