Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Has anyone had a problem with Easytogrowbulbs.com ?

Like items being sold not being as described?

I bought a lot of fancy tuberous begonias from them last year. I really wanted some fancy picotee varieties. They were nothing like the picture, though. White and pink-edged like the photo on their site, but non ruffled, odd long skinny petals.

I ordered roseform ones too, those were okay. But the whole purpose of the order was to get the picotee type.

Thanks!

Comments (13)

• Woebegonia
    13 years ago

I haven't tried them, but if you have the sales slip don't be afraid to complain to them. After all, it took a full growing season to find out you didn't get what you paid for.

• upstatenewyork
    13 years ago

I doubt that you'll have a problem with that company. They're fair (see the Dave's Garden ratings) and their customer service people ask lots of questions to try to figure out what happened if something didn't work. Their trouble shooting approach was really helpful for me when I was planting sun loving daylilies in a fairly shady spot and wondering why I wasn't getting many flowers. It was great that they took the time to ask, then responded with several follow up emails. Don't you just hate making the same error over and over beause you don't know otherwise?

• jlouise77
    13 years ago

I've ordered from EasytoGrowBulbs.com several times and been really happy with the plants and the fast service. Once I got a lily bulb that turned out to be the wrong color. I emailed them and sent a photo. They sent a replacement right out - just put it in with the order I had pending and shipped everything in the same box.

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy to Grow Bulbs

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    13 years ago

"I really wanted some fancy picotee varieties."

linnea56, I saw some listed on eBay tonight. Currently, the seller has 733 of them available, so I assume the listing will be active for quite some time. I cannot vouch for the seller as I have never purchased anything from them, but their feedback rating is 98.9%. That is pretty darn good if you ask me, for a seller that has sold over 75,000 items. The link to the Angel Wing Picotee Begonia eBay listing is below.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Angel Wing Picotee Begonia

• peggiewho
    13 years ago

Go back to the Easytogrow so they have the chance to make it right. Or, go directly to the source and order from their grower.

Here is a link that might be useful: Golden State Direct

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, I am emailing back and forth right now.

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the link: I checked the site for Golden State Direct. Do you mean that they are the breeder that supplies Easytogrowbulbs.com? Many, though not all, of the pictures are the same.

The one that was most "weird" though, is not a variety I see on their site. It was (supposed to be) white with a ruffled medium pink edge. Most of their other picotee types are sold only as mixed colors, which won't work for me.

• peggiewho
    13 years ago

Sorry for being cryptic. You only got a snippet of one of my long winded rants. Companies go to a lot of expense to develop better plants. Some of your tubers have a 'pedigree'. AmeriHybrid are developed for better and more flowers. This is what I am looking for, a brand I can depend on. These brand names are dropped, flowers renamed and it is hard to tell what you are buying until it disappoints. I ordered from Golden State because I knew the background of these begonias. They didn't have everything that I wanted but I feel I will get quality plants. My number one objective is to get flowers with depth and good form. I also got bagged begonias from Costco. Who knows what they will be like. I expect to murder a quarter of them when they flower. But they were cheap and the unknown is mysteriously fun.
    My biggest beef is over petunias. Plants are breed to perform for difficult zones. The names are dropped and they are shipped to any and all zones. I am frustrated by the bottle neck that strips all or most of the information from these plants.
    Easy to grow blubs wants to be in business next year and sell you more bulbs. They will use your feed back to go back to their growers.
    I am also wild about picotee. But then I am wild about pots and plants and garden whimsies.

• jackiejjjj
    last year
    last modified: last year

Very fast service, excellent quality!

• hc mcdole
    last year

It is easier to buy them already grown out and blooming this time of year. My purchases this week. I preferred the darker leaves and bright orange blooms to the green leaves and mellow colors of white, pink, and mile yellow.

An independent nursery in Cookeville, TN.

An even bigger pot of double blooming begonias from our local Walmart.

Here are some I passed up.

• Cyndie Birdsong
    last year

I'm still waiting after 7 weeks for my large order! I initially ordered some hostas which arrived very fast and they all grew, so I thought I could trust this company. I placed another order on April 4th and I have yet to even get any updates. These plants were supposed to be planted in the spring and it's now approaching summer where it gets over 100 degrees, so I can't plant them now. They aren't responding with any updates, so I've asked for a refund, still no response. I did finally get one email from them today where they refunded ONE item, not the full order which is over $400, so I'm pretty pissed - they don't seem like a trustworthy company if they can't refund orders that they sent out. I've also asked my credit card company to refund so now I'm worried that they will say they processed the refund, which again was only for ONE item, not the full order.. I'll update this once things are resolved. Very displeased with this company and I will never order from them again.

• Nanette Scharbach
    2 months ago

Yes I ordered from them and I got sickly half dead plants sent Photos and they said they’re just fine warning warning you get a lower price but you get bad roots back and they do not stand up further product the guarantee one thing and do not
    Deliver quality at all.