Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone had a problem with Easytogrowbulbs.com ?

Posted by linnea56 z5 IL (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 14, 11 at 14:02

Like items being sold not being as described?

I bought a lot of fancy tuberous begonias from them last year. I really wanted some fancy picotee varieties. They were nothing like the picture, though. White and pink-edged like the photo on their site, but non ruffled, odd long skinny petals.

I ordered roseform ones too, those were okay. But the whole purpose of the order was to get the picotee type.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone had a problem with Easytogrowbulbs.com ?

I haven't tried them, but if you have the sales slip don't be afraid to complain to them. After all, it took a full growing season to find out you didn't get what you paid for.

o

I doubt that you'll have a problem with that company. They're fair (see the Dave's Garden ratings) and their customer service people ask lots of questions to try to figure out what happened if something didn't work. Their trouble shooting approach was really helpful for me when I was planting sun loving daylilies in a fairly shady spot and wondering why I wasn't getting many flowers. It was great that they took the time to ask, then responded with several follow up emails. Don't you just hate making the same error over and over beause you don't know otherwise?

o

I've ordered from EasytoGrowBulbs.com several times and been really happy with the plants and the fast service. Once I got a lily bulb that turned out to be the wrong color. I emailed them and sent a photo. They sent a replacement right out - just put it in with the order I had pending and shipped everything in the same box.

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy to Grow Bulbs

o

"I really wanted some fancy picotee varieties."

linnea56, I saw some listed on eBay tonight. Currently, the seller has 733 of them available, so I assume the listing will be active for quite some time. I cannot vouch for the seller as I have never purchased anything from them, but their feedback rating is 98.9%. That is pretty darn good if you ask me, for a seller that has sold over 75,000 items. The link to the Angel Wing Picotee Begonia eBay listing is below.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Angel Wing Picotee Begonia

o

Go back to the Easytogrow so they have the chance to make it right. Or, go directly to the source and order from their grower.

Here is a link that might be useful: Golden State Direct

o

Thanks, I am emailing back and forth right now.

o

Thanks for the link: I checked the site for Golden State Direct. Do you mean that they are the breeder that supplies Easytogrowbulbs.com? Many, though not all, of the pictures are the same.

The one that was most "weird" though, is not a variety I see on their site. It was (supposed to be) white with a ruffled medium pink edge. Most of their other picotee types are sold only as mixed colors, which won't work for me.

o

Sorry for being cryptic. You only got a snippet of one of my long winded rants. Companies go to a lot of expense to develop better plants. Some of your tubers have a 'pedigree'. AmeriHybrid are developed for better and more flowers. This is what I am looking for, a brand I can depend on. These brand names are dropped, flowers renamed and it is hard to tell what you are buying until it disappoints. I ordered from Golden State because I knew the background of these begonias. They didn't have everything that I wanted but I feel I will get quality plants. My number one objective is to get flowers with depth and good form. I also got bagged begonias from Costco. Who knows what they will be like. I expect to murder a quarter of them when they flower. But they were cheap and the unknown is mysteriously fun.
My biggest beef is over petunias. Plants are breed to perform for difficult zones. The names are dropped and they are shipped to any and all zones. I am frustrated by the bottle neck that strips all or most of the information from these plants.
Easy to grow blubs wants to be in business next year and sell you more bulbs. They will use your feed back to go back to their growers.
I am also wild about picotee. But then I am wild about pots and plants and garden whimsies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here