Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
collecting begonia seeds

Posted by deanwitt (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 2, 05 at 12:45

can anyone tell me how to save the seeds off of a beg. at the end of the season?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: collecting begonia seeds

Let the seed pods try on the plant. I like to put a small piece of tin foil around the stem so the pods dont fall off on the ground. After it is completely brown, bring it indoors and dry in a cool, dry place. Then you can break it open and harvest the seeds.

o
RE: collecting begonia seeds

• Posted by MingTea z8 OR Corvallis (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 4, 05 at 13:39

keep in mind that begonia seeds are very fine--i took seed pods, stem and all, and put them in a plastic baggie and just shook them up. the brown seeds on B. subvillosa just shook out as a dust-like powder.

-ming

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here