Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally! Found B. Luxurians.

Posted by hopefulauthor z5IL (hopefulauthor@sbcglobal.net) on
Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 12:52

Seems like eons, seaching for a true, Begonia Luxurians.
Spotted some on Ebay, but prices were too high..66 and change.

Last week thought I'd look again, when I came across the Luxurians on auction. I won! Price was less than 10.00. I am SOOOOO happy.

Thanks to those who suggested not giving up the hunt.

My question: What's the best care for B. 'Luxurians?''
Sun, pot size, fertilizer? Soil, etc.

I really want my new seedling to live. TIA, Toni

Pic when received on the 23rd of Apr

Begonia Luxurians

Today, 4/30/12 After watering and some light
Begonia Luxurians

Thanks, Toni

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally! Found B. Luxurians.

Congrats, Toni!I see it is classified as shrublike,bare-leaved, large-leaved with fragrant flowers, according to the Thompson book which is the begonia 'bible'; also says it will require a lot of light and sunlight, but never intense sun. So, just go ahead and grow it and see what happens.

o
RE: Finally! Found B. Luxurians.

Hi Woe,

The Thompson & Thompson book is the Begonia Bible? lol. Really? Maybe we're thinking two different books.

How long did it take to find? lol

How are your seedlings? Last time we talked, think you said one or two seedlings were doing okay. Are they still alive? If so, how are you caring for yours?

Which direction 'window' would be best? Is west too strong? Right now, it's not far from south, under lamp light, but I know it won't grow there forever. Too dry in winter, and not enough light.

Thanks, Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here