Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello!

Posted by gregsytch z9b Tampa Bay (gsytch@cs.com) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 19:56

It has been some time since I have been on here. The begonia world in my yard has gone simply crazy! After another brutal winter (actually Dec in to Jan) which saw 5 freezes, February turned into spring and it has been beautiful since then. April has been very warm. My begonias are bursting their britches. I mean, I have canes in 7-10 gallon pots that are rootbound. Its either root pruning or the next size up. Since I grow under shadecloth I am at the mercy of the weather, and I type this a thunderstorm just blessed us with about 1/2 inch of much needed rainfall. I tried posting pics to the photo section, but it kept getting timed out (immediately). Any secrets? I would love to share photos. My last set of customers took some, too, and I could post those. Hope spring is coming on strong where you are! Best - Greg (also ABS Horticultural Correspondent)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello!

Most of the worlds gardeners would not be too sympathetic to "being at the mercy of the weather" under shade cloth in Tampa Bay, Florida. Enjoy your Begonias and send us some pictures. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here