Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
begonia advice, please

Posted by bassetlvr S.W. FL (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 27, 07 at 21:53

I see by reading the begonia forum that many of you are quite familiar with begonias and all the different varieties. Could some of you please offer me some advice? What begonia would make a nice looking houseplant that would survive under a 60 watt bulb?
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: begonia advice, please

There are so many begonias that will survive under a 60 watt bulb but do you want it to survive or flourish? First thing you should do is decide on size and color and then decide on which one(s) to buy. An easy one with great color is 'River Nile'. Rexes seem a little pickier but all have great color and if the humidity is just right, will put on quite a show. Indoor growing of canes is a bit more limited due to their size. Choose a smaller boned one such as 'My Special Angel'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here