Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Begonias in WA

Posted by jjmpine z8 WA (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 05 at 16:09

Hi Everyone,
Anyone know of a good source for rhizomatous or cane begonias here in WA state? There doesn't seem to even be a local begonia society! Thanks...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Begonias in WA

I just picked up a Begonia Rex from HD, they may have more varieties.. Peninsula Gardens in Gig Harbor probably has some, they have everything! I know absolutely nothing about Begonias but could not resist the stunning color combination of the leaves, so gorgeous! Just came to this forum to learn something about them, wondering if I should keep this as a potted plant outside then bring it in over the winter, do they do well as houseplants?

o
RE: Begonias in WA

I haven't found any worth keeping from the HD near here but I will check out Peninsula Gardens, thanks for the suggestion! In my experience, begonias are better indoors in our climate because it is usually too cold at night to keep them out, I also noticed the rexs need more humidity than other begonias. I guess it all depends on what begonia you have (HD is not known for their accurate tags!) Begonias also like bright, indirect light so if you do put your begonia outside, put it under a tree or covered patio/deck. Hope I helped you out a little!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here