Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Skaugum Begonia

Posted by Georgeanne none (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 16:12

What is the minimum size container that will make this begonia happy?? Thanks...Georgeanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skaugum Begonia

If it is starting to break dormancy, I would start with a pot no larger than two inches in diameter than the tuber. Let it grow and then decide on the size of the pot. It may not get as large as those catalog photos lead you to expect. The environment in which you grow determines everything.

o

woebegonia (cute!)...Thanks for your response...I don't understand what you mean by "break dormancy"...there is a whitish "stem" type of thing coming out of the indented side of the bulb...I purchased the bulb from McClure and Zimmerman...Georgeanne

o

That is the stem coming from the indented side, the round side produces roots. When the see the stem starting (some people call them 'eyes') you can place the tuber on damp soil and you should see a root or two coming along there soon. Don't cover the tuber, thoough, for quite a time, you want to see definite growing progress first.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here