Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blackmore & Langdon Begonia bulbs The Worst

Posted by spacehunter Washington (My Page) on
Mon, May 11, 09 at 17:47

I purchased 10 bulbs from early this spring directly from Blackmore & Langdon in England They were expensive to buy and ship 1-Jean Blair, 2 Partly Dress and several Super Select white and yellow edged.
They are all in a sun room in seperate pots with heat matt along with 60 bulbs from Anotelli's in California and Willow Creek Gardens. In short, the BLackmore bulbs were the smallest, odd shaped bulbs and half never sprouted. Almost all the other bulbs from other gardens did fine Most of the bulbs from the other sources are 2 to 3 times the size.
Blackmore & Langdons are the worst bulbs I have ever purchased. Have others had this problem. The 4 that did make it are small and not good.

Also, looking for some 2 color pastel begonias

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blackmore & Langdon Begonia bulbs The Worst

sorry , over three months at the top. time for a bump

o

I grow lots of unamed scented begonias from seed . Would sell plants in canada. Breeding begonias for years . These scented tuberous ones from Blackmorelangdon are overpriced.Mine are all colors including bright oranges and reds.

o

I used to buy fromAntonelli now I buy from Blackmore and Langdon.I buybonly named varieties.Theyare exceptional.

o

Yeah? Lets see a picture or two. I am willing to see the differance!

o

This year, 2013, I purchased 11 tubers from Blackmore and Langdon. The packaging was superb, and all 11 have started into growth. Each tuber is showing at least 3 new shoots. This is in April 24 in Upstate NY on Lake Ontario.
I made my purchase based on a recommendation and I can think of no reason not to strongly recommend Blackmore and Langdon to any potential buyer. I am totally pleased with all aspects of their service.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here