Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bayard_gw

Tuberous Begonias 2007 Group Shot

bayard
16 years ago

These are all from Blackmore & Landon. Some are named varieties, but most are seedling tubers I carried over the Winter from last year. They were started under lights in March, then set out on the front porch in May. All are now in 8 inch pots with Promix HP. They seem to melt away when the heat and humidity hits, but I'm doing my best this year to protect them from disease. I keep them off the groud, out of the rain, and water only when the soil starts to dry. Enjoy!

{{gwi:431803}}

Comments (6)

• gregsytch
    16 years ago

Beautiful! I am so envious because here in Tampa Bay, we cannot grow them - way too hot and humid. Of course, I have 8 foot angel wings and rhizomatous in the landscape 5 feet around ....but those tuberous are ribbon-worthy! Greg in New Port Richey zone 9b/10a

• socalgal_gw Zone USDA 10b Sunset 24
    16 years ago

Beautiful, just like last year. Your pictures last year inspired me to buy some B&L seeds last fall - and the resulting plants are starting to bloom now.

Ruth

• gardenfanatic2003
    16 years ago

Gorgeous! I have non-stop, and the flowers are not nearly that big or full.

Mine looked good until it rained a lot, and the flowers turned to mush. Even though that was over a month ago, they haven't looked as good since. I'm new to begonias.

Deanna

• mallowmallow
    16 years ago

hi..what an inspiration..thanks for posting
    im starting to get into begonias

pam
    mallowmallow

• mareas
    16 years ago

Bravo Bayard!! Thank you for sharing! I have just 2 begonias but I see I need more...

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    16 years ago

Holy Moly! Those are so gorgeous! I haven't grown TBs for a couple of years and I miss them. You sure know how to do it right. Thanks for sharing a beautiful vision.