Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alenka_gw

Anyone in Philadelphia, PA want a Silver Jewel begonia?

alenka
16 years ago

I have 2 small starts of Silver Jewel begonia. They are in 3 oz plastic cups, quite small, but growing fast. I would like to give them away. I live in center city Philadelphia (PA), and I am wondering if there's anyone in the area who'd like to meet and take them off my hands. I started them when I just bought my plant, thinking I'd give them to friends, but I quickly realized that this plant has high humidity requirements, so it would be too much trouble for my friends who are not really plant geeks. It is a very beautiful plant, but when I got it, it started losing leaves until I put it under plastic cover for increased humidity (it hasn't lost a leaf since then, and it's been about half a year). That was back in late fall, and in the winter the humidity here is quite low, so maybe it would do OK without a cover in the summer when it's more humid, I don't know (I'm just keeping it under cover, since it's doing well). But it definitely needs special arrangements for humidity during late fall/winter, so please realize that if you want one or both of the little plants. The baby plants are now living in ziploc bags, though not closed.

Anyway, that was quite a long post. If you'd like to have one or both of the little plants (they could be just potted together to get you a fuller plant sooner), and you are in Philadelphia, center city area, leave an e-mail where I could reach you.

-Alena

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County