Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Life expectancy

Posted by georgiapeach365 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 22:21

Does anyone know the life expectancy of an angel wing begonia?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Life expectancy

That's an interesting question. There can't be a definite answer; for example, like saying one year or ten years. If you take care of it, it will keep going as long as you want it to, although down the line you may need a pretty big pot , and of course you can renew the plant from cuttings which is easier than trying to deal with a large pot.

o

Agreed. Perennial, tender to frost.

o

Thanks woebegonia and purpleinopp! Just one of those "I wonder" questions that popped up in my head.

o

My neighbor gave me some Begonias last summer that she's had for about 50 years. That should give you some peace of mind!

o

That beats mine that I've had about 39 years.

o

Oh, I wasn't trying to one-up anyone, just to be extremely reassuring, enthusiastic. If your old plant didn't pop up as a seedling 39 years ago, it's older than 39!

This post was edited by purpleinopp on Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 10:54

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here