Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
countrykitty_gw

WOOOOW! Bonfire Begonia...now what!?!?

countrykitty
16 years ago

Hi!

Found a bonfire begonia at the mennonite nursery down the road--LOL, I was on my motorcycle and trying to destress after class, no intention of buying anything. I was so taken by the long pointed flame orange petals and tiny leaves (angelwing shape, but only 2-3" long x 1/2" wide) that I HAD to have it.

Rode home with it wrapped in a bag, tucked in my jacket. (It was the only one like it and someone else would've snapped it up if I'd gone home for the car, you understand...right? ;)

Has a sort of weeping habit.

Anyone know the particulars? Type (cane, tuberous, fibrous, hybrid? Touchy, forgiving? Likes more/less light or water or food than the average houseplant? Tolerant of misting or likely to develop PM?

I'm also a bit new to begonias (picked one up out of the $.99 after Easter bin which I just treated for PM with spritzes of vinegar water, then another from the same nursery as the one above--going to peruse the gallery to try and ID the basic types in a bit). Any general advice on ID'ing and caring for begonias in general would also be appreciated!

TIA

Kitty

^..^

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County