Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
odd beefsteak

Posted by marybright 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 12:00

I've been indulging in begonia rescue at local nurseries and have a beefsteak with no red underneath but a red eye. Has anyone seen similar?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: odd beefsteak

If it is not red underneath I doubt it is the beefsteak (erythrophylla).

o

You're right. Hours of photo research later I discover he's Bob Hamm. I'm learning; thanks.

o

What a cool plant! Those leaves are so cool with the pink "eyes" or whatever the proper term might be. Is that a flower stalk coming out of the middle? If so, please post a pic when they are making more of a show.

Google has a serious shortage of pictures of "begonia bob hamm" and no pics of blooms with those leaves (that were big enough for me to actually see.) Curious. One site called it an heirloom, and Martha's (Stewart) site says it has "masses of bright pink blooms in winter."

Why are there so few Begonias out there to rescue? Good for you for rescuing this distressed beauty!

o

Would you like to trade?

o

Would you like to trade?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here