Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Disorder,Pest??

Posted by
begonia-dude N. California
(gw:begonia-dude) on
Thu, Jul 6, 06 at 12:53

I have a Tuberous Begonia with a brown/white(zebra-like)under side of leaf starting at the base of leaf. What is it, I'm worried...here is site with Pic....IDEAS???

http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/eihendryk/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Disorder,Pest??

Please copy and paste that URL I posted and give me some ideas? I live in Northern Cal. I have fogers going many times a day.....what else do you want to know...

Here is a link that might be useful: Disorder??

o
RE: Disorder,Pest??

I think you would have gotten answers by now if anyone had any. I'm curious too, but I don't know. Might be some kind of small insect with rasping mouth parts, but I don't know what that would be. It looks somewhat similar to something I have occasionally, but with that, and other problems, I'm afraid I pick off the damaged leaf, or if there are too many pick off one or two at a time, and watch to see if anything else goes on. I used to trot out the heavy weaponry every time I saw a bit of damage, but now I think a little damage only hurts my feelings, and not the plants!

o
RE: Disorder,Pest?

Looks like a serious case of edema, aided and abetted by your foggers (high humidity), plus suitable temperatures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here