Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source of leaves, cuttings, small plants of begonias

Posted by greenvein 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 13:32

Back in the day there were people who gave, exchanged or sold leaves, cuttings, small plants of begonias. Of late I have been unable to find anyone like that. The begonia exchange posts are YEARS out of date. I have begonias, tropical and temperate zone plants I could offer in exchange. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source of leaves, cuttings, small plants of begonias

I doubt anyone goes to the exchange or gallery forums - seems dead and counterproductive when it should be handled in one forum. Now that you posted you might get some takers.

o

Thank you. Used to be very active and fun. Pity.

o

Times keep changing though.

I didn't see your email address so hard to exchange lists.

o

Trading is very active, don't let one forum's exchange page fool you. I find that most trade ideas come from regular discussions, then are worked-out in private messages or emails.

Keeping your exchange page current lets people know you're currently interested in trading. I keep the date I last edited on mine. Wouldn't it just take a second to paste your list on your exchange page? It's empty. If I clicked on that, I wouldn't think you were interested in receiving a private note proposing a trade. You can use some HTML to make it more attention-getting.

The house plant forum might also help you hook up with other traders.

o

i have no begonias , can you check my list to see if you want to exchange with those instead?

o

Greenvein, which begonias do you have and want? I'm also on a trade hunt for begonias and a few other things like epiphytic cacti and such.

o

Have you considered becoming a member of the American Begonia Society? At my local branch, plants are often donated and exchanged. The ABS seed fund is also available for member,. A pack of seeds is $2 or $3 plus postage, and doubtless your donations would be much appeciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Begonia Society

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here