Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
? Dwarf angel wing begonia, is there?

Posted by catevala USDA5b/Suns.2b (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 6, 09 at 12:15

Is there such a thing now as a dwarf angel wing begonia? I purchased a 4" pot angel wing at Home Depot this last week and it looks, I say LOOKS, like it might not get that big at maturity. But are there any that have been bred to stay smaller than the typical angel wings, which can get huge? Mine's appearance apart from the dimensions is a dark green background color with light grey-silver spots - just like the typical angel wings. Thanks, Breck

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ? Dwarf angel wing begonia, is there?

Yes there are many small leaf dwarf cane or shrub begonias. Some get quite bushy and can grow tall (3 foot or more) such as Medora but the leaves stay small. Lois Burks, Cracked Ice, Tom Ment, echinosepala, and several others are some that provide interest despite their smaller size.

More than likely (99% probability) the one you got from HD is 'Medora' since they sell those often. It is also commonly called Trout Leaf Begonia.

'Medora'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here