Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Name for my Begonia?

Posted by Greattigerdane z5NY (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 31, 05 at 17:04

What's the name of my begonia and what color are the flowers?

Thank you for your help,
Billy Rae

Here is a link that might be useful: Begonia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Name for my Begonia?

• Posted by MingTea z8 OR Corvallis (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 2, 05 at 16:37

this is one of those trailing/scandent begonias. it probably has white flowers and blooms in late winter/spring. I can think of convolvulacea as a possibility, but try the link to the amerian begonia society at bottom.

-ming

Here is a link that might be useful: trailing/scandent @ ABS site

o

Thanks Ming!

I think that might be the one. I know it's not the most beautiful begonia, but I like it just the same.

Billy Rae

o

We always hear that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think it may be in the heart. I find myself admiring some begonias and not caring all that much for others, but then perhaps I get one I hadn't liked especially and it does well, and then at some point I discover I really really like it. Or maybe it's one that just struggles but keeps on fighting and wins my heart (at which point my extra admiration leads to better care, so maybe it can stop fighting so hard and thrive!) Sure sign of someone with too many plants I suppose, but since I'm sure I don't have enough--oh, well!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here