Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Begonias in Morning Light

Posted by blondiesc SC ZONE 7b (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 21:00

Just had to share this pic of 2 of my beauties! They looked so pretty in the morning light yesterday. Thanks for looking!

photo begonia.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Begonias in Morning Light

Very nice Blondie. I like Feodor and LBM! Silver leaves are always beacons in any garden, especially in the morning light and dusk.

The concrete head with ivy in it is kind of cool too. Here is a resin vase of an Easter Island statue with a big air plant in it.

o

Very pretty!

Karen

o

Nice! I want some pot heads. The one I have doesn't have a drain hole, and is kind of unsteady since it has feet too. I'll take a pic, it's visiting my Mom's house right now.

Hcmc, is there soil in there with your Tillandsia? I LOVE the way that looks, it's stately and humorous at the same time. Like it's spoofing itself, quietly, with a straight face. Fantastic.

...Begonias (and many companions) in the Mist!

o

No soil and no drain hole. Tillandsia is an air plant and needs no soil whatsoever (might actually kill it).

Here is another photo of the same pot years ago with a different air plant (deceased long ago).

o

Thanks everyone!

Hcmcdole, I like your head pot! Funny how they all have their own personalities!

Purpleinopp, You have some nice begonias and friends!

o

Thanks, Blondie! It's hard to find any Begonias around here. I have high hopes for next spring for the new mom'n'pop place in the next town over.

I really like the ivy as hair too. That might actually grow fast enough to 'style' it occasionally.

This little Tilly lives at the base of a Dracaena tree with a couple Begonias, Alternanthera, Hypoestes & Tradescantia. It was in the crook of a different tree but as Tilly got fatter and the pup showed up, it no longer fit in that one. They sure do look like hair, but this little one would need a much smaller head. These small plants of bigger Begonias came from that new store but were the only kind they had except a few wax'ies.

o

Lovely! I have LBM too-- mine is beginning to bloom :) It took off much faster than I expected-- or faster than the Paul Hernandez I planted behind it in anticipation of its taking off LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here