Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul__gw

*sigh* What to do, what to do?

paul_
12 years ago

I have few tuberous begonias growing in a pot in my apt. Can't remember the actual name but they are supposed to be yellow with a red/orange picotee (although much to my disappointment only one of the plants appears to have been as advertised, but that's a vent for another day). So they have been doing pretty well sitting in front of my balcony's SW glass doors. Now with fall weather already making an appearance, it's time to start bringing plants inside and look to those that need a dormancy period. Therein lies my Q with regards to these tuberous begs.

They are showing no signs of going dormant -- which since they've been inside this whole time doesn't surprise me. But should I FORCE them to go dormant? (I know some plants actually require a resting period to remain vital.) And if yes, should I do so by simply withholding all water so they are faced with a "drought"? Or should I put them outside at night as long as rain isn't expected and use the cold temps shock them into dormancy? Note: We have not experienced any frosts as of yet.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting