Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michey1st_gw

How do I Overwinter these Begonias?

michey1st_gw
9 years ago

Good Morning!

Complete Begonia newbie here! I received these unknown begonias from my cousin, who got them in multipack from Costco this spring. She planted them and gifted them to me, but I have no idea as to the variety (tuberous, fibrous, etc), and have no idea what to do with them during my zone 7 winter.

They were pretty leggy when I got them, but since they are flowering so nicely, i've been resisting the urge to pinch them. For the summer, they lived (presumably happily) on the southeast corner of my deck (shaded from 1 pm onwards). I brought them inside last Saturday and they sit in an east-facing window now until I can decide what to do with them...

Do I keep them awake and watered all winter? Let them go to sleep? Dig them up? Keep them in soil? Without knowing what they are, i'm having a tough time coming up with a game plan.

Can you begonia experts help me with a possible ID and help me figure out what to do with them? If I need a better picture, please let me know and I'll snap a few more.

Comments (3)