Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this Begonia Morocco?

Posted by greybird_keke MO (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 17:39

I ran across a greenhouse that had a great selection of begonias in small pots, unfortunately they were not named. I purchased this beauty with large emerald green leaves, and have been trying to find it's name. The leaves are thick and fuzzy, red underneath, with red hair on the stems. It is a fast grower, and starts easily from leaf cuttings. I'm wondering if it is Morocco? Anyone else here growing it?
Thanks, Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this Begonia Morocco?

Looks more like Boomer but it might be Morocco.

o

Hmmm, it does look like Boomer, which I'd never heard of until I just looked it up! BTW hcmcdole, a couple of months ago, I asked on this forum if it would be a bad idea to purchase rhizomatous begonias so late in the season, wondering if they would grow over winter....you told me they would, so I decided to go for it and ordered 9 plants from a mail order nursery. They have already tripled in size, and seem to love their winter home under lights. Thanks for the advice! It's a lot of fun to have something to work with over the winter months.

o

It can be addictive! Next thing you know you will have hundreds of begonias in the basement under 76 shop lights.

o

It can be addictive! Next thing you know you will have hundreds of begonias in the basement under 76 shop lights.

o

Yes, a possibility I don't want to think about! And I know you are speaking from experience. Do you have all those lights up and running now?

o

I have over half of the lights running now. I'm still bringing in plants and cleaning rooms as I go. Maybe by next weekend I will be done once again until spring. Then indoor watering....another big chore

o

• Posted by fel6 6b-7a (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 12:46

It looks a lot like my Morocco. But I am not familiar with Boomer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here