Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
birdsnblooms

Opinion & Help

birdsnblooms
14 years ago

Howdy. I'm new on the Begonia Forum. Never knew it existed, until a friend suggested I come here to ask about two Begonia problems.

My dh surprised me with a Begonia 'Curly' Fireflush from Logees. It arrived fairly fast, was well packed, but when he mentioned the type, it didn't look like the right plant.

Here is the Begonia they sent.

{{gwi:439796}}

I contacted Logees about another..they wrote back saying I'd be getting the correct 'Begonia CURLY Fireflush'

A few days later I get a second Begonia..Here's the pic.

{{gwi:439800}}

Here a pic with both begonias side by side.

{{gwi:439802}}

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with Begonia 'Curly' Fire Flush, but it differs from Begonia Fire Flush. Here's a picture of the plant my dh planned and paid for from Logees..Sorry, I know typing links is a pain, but I'd appreciate the help.

http://www.logees.com/prodinfo.asp?number=L3031-5

Is it my imagination or are the two Begonias the same type? Do they look the same or different from Logee's photo?

Logees sent the second plant for free...but free or not, I chose the Curly opposed to standard Fireflush..my dh doesn't normally order plants online, so he's a bit irked, too. Please, if anyone can tell me if the second Begonia is the same as the plant on Logees page, (Begonia 'Curly Fireflush, not Fireflush) or if both begonias I received are similar I'd really appreciate your help.

In my eyes, the B. 'curly' Fireflush looks different than the two plants Logees sent here.

I'm not exactly new to common Begonias, but don't know much about rarer types. Is it possible Begonia 2 needs to mature before it looks like the one on Logees page? If so, what about the color? The Begonia I got is much darker green. There's definately less swirl/curly. Please help..Thanks so much, Toni

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions