Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What type of begonia is Tea Rose?

Posted by quinnfyre z7 PA (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 07 at 10:01

I know very little about begonias, but I recently got Tea Rose from Logees. I like it, but upon attempting to look it up, I realized that there are various types of begonias, and they sort of behave differently. I can't figure out what type Tea Rose is. So, first of all, what type of begonia is Tea Rose? Secondly, how do you tell the different types apart? Is it pretty easy by sight? Or do you have to do some digging? (Literally and figuratively, I guess.) Thirdly, how do I take care of Tea Rose?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What type of begonia is Tea Rose?

From the looks of B. 'Tea Rose' I would surmise it to be of semperflorens/shrub parentage (could be wrong) due to its waxy leaves and shrub like growth. B. 'Dragon Wings' and 'Christmas Candy' would be cousins.

As for growing, give lots of light, let dry out some between watering, fertilize when actively growing, and move outdoors for summer where it should really put a lot of growth on.

Check this site out:

pictures of some cultivars

data base of 'Tea Rose'

Here is a picture of a six pack of 'Dragon Wings' I put in a bed this summer which shows how fast they can grow from 3 inch plants.

o
RE: What type of begonia is Tea Rose?

Ooh, nice!

Thanks for the info and the lovely pic!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here