Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to start

Posted by juantia MI 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 4, 05 at 14:32

I'm new at gardening and begonia's. I would like to know where to buy them? Where on line or What local store(MI)? I would like to ask for them for christmas gifts,but I don't know were to send my kids. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to start

Juantia,

Locally check garden centers, nurseries, and Home Depot, Lowes, and Wal-Mart. Also see if there is a local chapter of the begonia society close to you.

eBay is another place to try. There are some good growers (some not so good) there.

For on-line there are several places that have a large selection to choose from. Some are excellent, some are slow, some are on the high side, and some that ship the wrong things, etc.

Palm Hammock
Logee's
Kartuz

Rob's Violets
Glasshouse Works
Lauray

There are several other on-line retailers too, but have a much smaller selection to pick from.

Butch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here