Return to the Begonia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best suppliers

Posted by yourpal z6 NJ (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 30, 05 at 11:03

After many years of apathy, I've recently become wise to the beauty of begonias. Do you have any suggestions about good (mail order) suppliers, particularly of the rex begonia type? I know Logees carries; any others?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best suppliers

My favorite begonia supplier is Lauray of Salisbury. She also sells cuttings at half the catalog price, which I like a lot because I get more plants. Rob's Violets also sells begonias and is very reliable. Mostly theirs are smaller-growing ones. Of course, the absolute best source is begonia conventions! There are other sources, but they seem to have mixed reviews or I haven't ordered from them and don't know.

o
RE: best suppliers

Palm Hammock, Kartuz, Glasshouse Works all have a good selection but not of rexes. I've ordered from all of them plus the two greenelbows mentioned and Logee's as well. They all have their good and bad points (price, substitution policy, delivery speed, selection, etc.)

Lyndon Lyon has an array of rexes (I have not ordered from them). eBay is hit and miss and is best to buy more than one from the same seller to minimize shipping. There are several nice ones being offered now but shipping can be higher in the winter (I think they make more money this way).

Speaking of begonia conventions, the national one is in Miami first week of March this year. Check Palm Hammock Orchid Estate's web site for some details.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Begonia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here