Return to the Bog Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nelumbo or Nymphaea in Miami?

Posted by anyaperfumer 10b (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 15:50

Hi

I see there are several forums here for pond and bog gardening, so I hope I found the right one. This one seemed to have a lot on plants.

I'm in love with the blue lotus, Nelumbo nucifera, and also the blue lily Nymphaea (not sure of the sp.) I want to find the most fragrant ones to grow here in Miami, but am having trouble finding local nurseries that carry them. There may be many nurseries, but I can't just google them, it seems. Can anyone help? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nelumbo or Nymphaea in Miami?

Check with you local extension office and make sure that they are legal to grow in your state, William Trickers has many tropical lotus and lilies. www.tricker.com I buy from them regularly because they have good stuff and great service.

o

Check out Texas water lily the have a nice collection Hightider

o

Hi Aquawise - I did check with the co-op ext guy, and he gave me one lead, but the selection is limited, very limited. I'm also befuddled that so many sites I googled don't contain the botanical names. I've never seen so much disregard for a type of plant name before.

Hightider - is there a link?

o

I think it is because most people do not know them by a botanical name. Or even know they have one. LOL to most its just Lotus or Lily. Did you check out Trickers? I know they have the blue ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bog Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here