Return to the Bog Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calla palustris (Water Arum)

Posted by learn2turn 6 (My Page) on
Fri, May 3, 13 at 19:49

Anyone grow Calla palustris and/or know a source for it?

I'm looking for native plants to grow in a wet area. I can find Calla palustris described on many web pages and it looks nice. It's native. It's hardy. In pictures it's attractive looking.

But, unlike most of the other plants I search for, I can't find any place that sells it. A couple vendors had seed but then I'd have to figure out what the protocol is for starting it from seed. I'd rather just buy a few plugs or small plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calla palustris (Water Arum)

I put in an order for a few native wetland plants from http://tricker.com/ including three Calla palustris.

I haven't dealt with them before so I have no idea what the quality will be. They haven't arrived yet. And I haven't grown that plant before so I don't know how they will do. I'm in zone 6 and have some wet boggy area I want to add a few attractive but native plants to.

The tricker web site doesn't specialize in natives and I see listed some stuff that is not just invasive but ILLEGAL in my state (yellow iris, forget-me-not). So I would never order anything from them without researching and making sure I knew what I was ordering was appropriate for me area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bog Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here