Return to the Bog Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Swamp Pink and Pickerelweed?

Posted by WildlifeHelper2000 MD (My Page) on
Thu, May 12, 05 at 20:39

I just bought some Swamp Pink(Helonial bullata),and trans planted them today in peat moss w/sand and soil w/wood mulch mixed in it to richen the soil in pot. I did this with lot of my aquatic plants.

If you grow this native species,what do you grow it in,and soil?

Also what you do for protecting it during the winter?

Same with Pickerelweed(Pontederia cordata)? Ijust got this plant along with Swamp Sunflower.

Funny,all but one species survived the winter except for the GoldenClub. My Calla palustris and Peltandra virginica survived.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Swamp Pink and Pickerelweed?

Where did you get your Helonias? I knew you had been looking for a while. I might put some into my bog.
Bob

o
RE: Swamp Pink and Pickerelweed?

I had some one in MA buy me few plants from NEWFS,because the nursery don't ship plants outside the state.

It always takes a long time,but I always find a way or some one to get the plants I need and been looking for for a long time. Next hard one is Americanfly Honeysuckle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bog Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here