Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gordon43812

Help Wanted....new to all this

gordon43812
17 years ago

Okay, I am new to all this ponding. Of course I have been reseaching for about 3 years (information overload is one problem!!) Pond is in.....put a wetland (mud puddle as DH says) behind pond. With the liner, poked holes in it halfway down for drainage, put pipe in it for water, filled it with good soil, planted some calla lillies, a couple of cannas (both those were purchased for a "dry" bed) then planted what was called a "hardy canna" (purchased in a box of water plants from walmart) Now, will the hardy canna grow there or should it be in water completly. And I bought a Hottonia from Lowes, it is in the pond. Should it be in the "mud puddle" or in the pond? It is the only plant that I got from lowes that isnt looking soo good. I repotted it, and it is about 2 inches in water. When I got it the plant wasnt in water just the bottom of it. Now it is.

The pond went well, now the wetland and all these plants have got me pulling my hair out!! I do not know what to plant in mud. Would what are called "marginal" plants be okay? Or do I need to be looking for something different?

Where are the ponding Gods when I need them?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting