Return to the Bog Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bog too dry

Posted by babybam05 maryland (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 07 at 8:00

Hello, I am new here. I have had my bog for about 2 months now & i used the link given to someone else here to build my bog. However it will not stay wet enough. I have to add water a few times a day just for it to be wet. If i have too many holes in it, how do I fix this problem? i cannot be out there constantly watering it this summer. Pleas help. Thank you!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bog too dry

long term solution: Dig the bog out and patch the holes. that will be a lot of work!!

short term solution: Get a hose timer and a soaker hose. You can set the hose timer to come on every 12 hours and run for as long as you need for it to. they are battery operated and work very well.

Here is a link that might be useful: hose timer

o
RE: bog too dry

My bog drys out every 2 days I have to add water. I don't have any holes in mine that i know of.. I build it without placing any holes in the pond liner I used. Here in Tenn we are dry and are short of rain fall by 9.5" The plants like the cattails I have in mine I guess draws a lot of water up their stems and that where my water goes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bog Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here