Return to the Bog Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lining new bog with fiberglass

Posted by foggywalkfarm NC..8a (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 07 at 11:13

Hi All
been watching for a while & I'm now starting my first bog.

question.....we would like to line the bog & then the pool into which it will drain with fiberglass....

Is there anything in this material which is inimical to a bog?
Foggywalkfarm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lining new bog with fiberglass

Fiberglass liners are fine for bogs and ponds. They are fairly commonly used and have a number of advantages (such as durability) over other materials. There is nothing in the material that should hurt a bog or a pond.

BTW, I love your screen name. Just the name brings up all kinds of neat pictures in my mind.

o

Thanks brandon7,

Our farm is on a ridge with creeks on either side & every morning when I take my walk?....Yep! A joy every morning, almost.....

Thanks for the info...our bog is going to lie above & drain into the pool& into a stream & would take more liner than we can afford. Delighted with your reply

Sally

o

Hi Sally,
When you say you'll line it with fiberglass do you mean a preformed shape or do you mean you'll put the fabric down and then put the resin on top?
I did it with the resin a number of years ago and it worked great. My only problem was a slight leak that I never could find. I think it was from a combination of my own inexperience plus being stingy with the resin and not putting down a healthy enough coat. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bog Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here