Return to the Bog Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have bog rosemary 'blue ice', but no room.....

Posted by hummingbirddaisy z4/5 Ia (hummingbirddaisy@mchsi.com) on
Sun, Jul 10, 05 at 18:44

in my pond for them. I have a preform plastic pond, 4x6', 18 or so inches deep. I have a water canna, a few water lilies, and some water hyacinth in it, oh and a umbrella palm. It is pretty full. What can I do with my bog rosemary?
Also, does sweet flag iris, and purple water iris HAVE to be planted in a pond? I have two rhyzomes of the purple in a pot sitting on the little shelf in my pond, and it is not doing so well, and just got some sweet flag. I was told that you can plant these right in the ground, but I want to make sure before I do that, and kill them.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Blessings, Tina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have bog rosemary 'blue ice', but no room.....

I have Iris verisacolor growing next to a preformed pond, the soil is moist and does great. I would think yours would do fine also. A partly shaded area would be great!

Hope this helps.

Bob

o
RE: I have bog rosemary 'blue ice', but no room.....

• Posted by Jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 15, 05 at 10:13

I moved my pond a year ago, but kept the liner where the old pond was. This I filled with a mixture of peat moss and soil. So.....now I have a small bog.

The water iris that had always been grown in water, are now grown in "the bog". They are twice the size, and are spreading wonderfully. Other water plants are doing well in the bog as well. The point is: you can set up another little pond ( bog) and put some of your cherished plants there, and watch them grow. Since my "bog" is inground, they overwinter well there as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bog Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here