Return to the Bog Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cardinal flowers

Posted by pepperdave none7 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 12:06

Im on the pepper forum but also love perennials I collected seed from wild cardinal flowers 12 years ago and set up a humming bird magnet This year I got a WHITE Ill save seed and maybe in 2 generations I can get more if I plant them in isolation Does any one have any experience with white lobila

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cardinal flowers

Hummers

o

nice...

o

It occurs naturely..and you can also get shades of pink, which must mean that the genes are not simple dominance/recessive.

Good luck and have fun.

o

Never seen the white before! While in Nebraska visiting home from Florida, my dad gave me some cardinal flower seeds that he and my uncle retrieved from a plant along the banks of the Platte River. The Pawnee indians were believed to have planted the cardinal flowers at there camp sites along the river as a love charm. Ill be planting mine this week hoping to attract some hummingbirds that fly by this winter and bring some native heirloom to the everglades!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bog Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here