Return to the Bog Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
General seed-starting hints

Posted by Belgianpup Wa/Zone 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 26, 04 at 14:43

Do bog plants require any special seed starting methods? Do you have to keep them sopping wet, or will my PNW weather take care of that?

Are any bog plants suitable for Winter Sowing?

Any tips would be helpful and greatly appreciated, as I am new to this.

'Pup

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: General seed-starting hints

I guess not, so let's get this out of here.

'Pup

o

I have plants like astilbe, flipendula, rodgersia, mimulus, brunnera, iris in my bog garden and there is not difference in germinating them. If you talking about some other'special' plants like carn. and such-I have never grown them.
Plants for water areas like lilies need to be started in water or in soil covered with water.

o

• Posted by Jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 15, 04 at 14:10

I trimmed my bog plants down today for the winter ( about 4 inches high). Any seeds I had that I wanted I pulled off the plant, dropped them on to the soil, and tamped them in. Let Mother Nature do her thing, so to speak, but just helping her decide where the seeds should land.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bog Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here