Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
compost_hugger_nancy

Natural spring bubling at hole bottom....

There is an old hole in the edge of the woods that bubles up from the bottom, runs off in less than a foot wide winding through adler, elderberry, etc bushes and never freezes. The area around is "spongy"

There is some kind of green growth (which in past years we pulled out to banks) that appears mossy (until pulled out) and smells like fish (no fish in the hole) Any idea what it is? The growth as viewed from above looks thick like the Java Moss I used to have in my aquariums before moving there. I'd say the plant material (perhaps bladderwort?) began 5-6 years ago once fallen trees (and my pruning/thinning the woods) opened it a little to sun.

Looking for ideas to landscape the edges for soil conservation....it does spread out under the grassy areas nearby making trees fall over and neccesary to wear boots for the muck.

Wondered what would be native to Michigan that can help me make the area into a more stable footing without stopping up the area.

Neighbor below me doesn't want runoff to wash out the path to the back forty. Trying to find a way to preserve and enjoy the area without intruding on the neighbors. Any ideas?

Comment (1)

Sponsored