Return to the Bog Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bog filtration for large pond

Posted by kritrkz z5 IN (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 25, 06 at 10:52

I've been looking into having a bog installed next to our pond with the idea that the plants would filter the water pumped from our pond & then return via a waterfall. It's a pricey adventure so I'm looking for confirmation that it truly works. Any experience out there? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bog filtration for large pond

• Posted by bugsb 9CA Bakersfield (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 10, 06 at 17:45

I don't know if you would really call this a bog but I do. It doesn't filter the water that I know of but I may be missing that it does because it is just at the end of my stream that goes into the pond and I don't see any effect one way or the other. I hope there are others that might know because I am also curious.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a link that might be useful: My pond.

o

Our pond is about 2,000 gallons & we have a bog for filtration. It's about 10 yrs old now & is beautiful & healthy. I'm pretty rusty about posting pictures here so if you'd like to see some just e-me. Bev

o

We too have a bog filter for our 10,00 gal. pond and I just posted some pictures this morning for a similar thread on the ponds forum. Hope something here is useful.
~Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: Bog Filter

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bog Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here