18 years ago

WAAAAAAH!

No more retail sales from Botanique!

LOOK!

I reiterate WAAAAAAAAH!

Comments (3)

• sal_mando
    18 years ago

Yes, I have known this was coming for several months. If I could have justified it, I would have bought some more plants before they shut the retail doors.
    I wish Rob success in his effort to turn the business into a non-profit operation. I will try to support it however I can.
    Bob

• plantfreak
    18 years ago

That is a great loss to CP growers in the US. I greave with you! This was one of the best suppliers in my opinion.

• yarthkin
    18 years ago

I live in the same county as Rob, so I've been out to the nursery several times. In addition to having some of the best plants around, he is a really great guy too. Once he just gave me an Amorphophalus titanium just because I had mentioned the plant in conversation.

He also has tons of rare plants that will probably be lost to the horticultural world once he's gone, many of which were never in the catalog. I also suspect he was probably the first person to offer Calopogons. (You should see the nursery when all the hundreds of them are in bloom!)

I feel rather strongly that all the bog gardeners and native plant people should really do whatever is necessary to make sure we can support the survival of Botanique, even if it becomes a non-profit. Otherwise, we all will lose an invaluable resource for gardeners and conservation.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County